Labels

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Perspective Shift


This is the first in what I am guessing will be a new obsession for me... I'm not sure why I never thought to do two or three point perspective drawings for my cities until now but I love the results that I am getting so far. This one feels finished. I like the subtle color. Blue and Orange has been one of my favorite color compositions for a long time now. Something so natural and soothing about it. Reminds me of walking in the city at night, the orange lights against the dark blue of the night sky.  Maybe I should try to capture that feeling...

What I really like about the perspective drawings is how I'm able to get a layering of windows that adds a new level of depth and rhythm to what I was doing before. I had been playing with the layering in my previous efforts but this adds so much to it. I will do several more of these before I start on some three point perspective drawings.

I think after I experiment with three point a bit and finish a few more of these two point I'm going to try mixing all three of these ideas into some fucked up bastardization. That to me has exciting implications. Playing with different perspectives, almost like playing with other realities... Very exciting stuff...

No comments:

Post a Comment