Labels

Friday, January 13, 2012

Balance



These are two paintings I did last year for what I simply called the Balance series. I was trying to give a sense of balance in different ways, playing with the idea of what balance really is... Since practicing tai chi I've come to learn that balance is one of the most important ideas in this world. Good and Evil, Black and White, Order and Chaos, Love and Hate... all of these things exist in the world in a balance against one another. Without one or the other the balance is lost.

In these paintings I try to balance paint versus pen, order versus chaos. They're juxtaposed against each other and also complimentary of one another. Its a concept that I will try to revisit this year as I am not really ready to give up on it... I enjoy the process of making these paintings so much that I can't really stop. I've just been so side tracked with my cities lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment