Labels

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Florence so far...


I wanted to upload what I've done so far on my Florence + the Machine painting. Still has much work left but its coming along. Watercolor is a strange medium. I really love it cause its brutally unforgiving but with that comes a depth that I don't really experience in other mediums... In oils you can manipulate the paint for days after its been put on canvas, acrylics you can just paint over pretty easily... Watercolor with its transparent nature records every mistake. So you just work through it, love the mistakes and just keep going knowing there is a history being recorded there. A history of creation... Its fantastic and frightening at the same time... Not sure when this one will be complete but I like the direction its going so far... And as always this has prompted some ideas for another... maybe I'll do a whole series of that shocking red hair...

No comments:

Post a Comment