Labels

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Florence + the Machine

I just started listening to her and I need to paint something about her... I have this weird vision of her and this crazy music machine. Menacing but she confronts it unafraid, that shocking red hair... This is why I've been struggling lately... I have not worked on anything representational or narrative like in a while... it feels uncomfortable... I don't like that feeling... I'm just going to have to sketch out a bunch of ideas and find the one I like best and just go for it. I think another problem is that I'm trying to work on the computer and lately I just find no joy in the digital world... I like paper and canvas and pens and paint. There is just something there that I can't seem to find when I paint on my computer... I think this is one of those times where you recognize that your body or mind or whatever already knows what to do and you struggle in vain to tell it how you assume it should be instead of just listening...

Sketch time

No comments:

Post a Comment