Labels

Monday, January 2, 2012

Here's to the New Year

2012 is here and I find myself excited. I have decided to refocus myself and this blog. I am going to make it a goal to post here on a daily basis. Sketches, new work, and ramblings. I want to get into the habit of putting my work down in a way that I can see my progress instead of just hoping I'm making some... I think it will encourage me if I see something building...

There are several series' that I've been contemplating over the last few years that I will complete this year. The first big one is the Art is Life is Art series. I've put this on the back burner for far too long and now its time to bring it to life.

I would like to work on more political art this year. We are living in exciting times, people are waking up to the realities of our situation and realizing that we need to change our priorities as a nation or risk fading into obscurity. I've been thinking of several paintings to capture some of these feelings and critique our current wealth and celebrity obsessions.

Last I would like to refocus on my tai chi and keep creating art that communicates some of its concepts and principles. It is something that has made my life infinitely better and I would like to share it with the world in the best way I know how.

I'm not sure if I need to be setting aside time for each of my projects or if its supposed to be an organic process where one thing leads to the next... I just know that in the past I seem to default towards whatever is interesting me at the moment and I think I should work harder to break away from that way of thinking and working. I want to have real goals that I set out to conquer instead of these lofty ambitions that just wait on the back burner in hopes that one day I'll stumble into them...

So the first step is here and its been taken. I will just keep walking, keeping my eyes on each destination. 2012 will be a fantastic year... it all starts here...

No comments:

Post a Comment