Labels

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Abstract City


Pen and Ink version of one of my city abstractions. While I really like color, there is something I like even more about Pen and Ink... Maybe its just a comfort thing. I guess that is kinda strange when most people don't seem to like ink... It records all your mistakes, but that is what I really enjoy. I like working through the mistakes and trying to make all the ugliness part of the beauty. I mean thats really what life is all about isnt it? We're all covering up mistakes and working past them to shine a light that we would like to be... the way we would like to be seen... I'm not sure how well this actually captures the energy of the city... Its almost an overload. I did it just to see if I could. How far can you push an idea before it breaks?

I'm not sure I've broken this concept yet, I'm working on something new that will push it in another direction. I keep having this vision in my mind that I cannot seem to achieve... something very raw and worked over... See that to me is what I love about ink, you can get that depth and layered effect even after abusing the page repeatedly. Somehow it comes through to create this amazing depth that you don't really get from other mediums... I mean you do but in a different way... So I guess I'll just keep chasing the idea and maybe I'll get there and maybe I wont...

No comments:

Post a Comment