Labels

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Breaking Point

I started another city abstraction last night and think it might end up breaking my brain. Too much going on... I think for sure I'm going to break this concept and I'm kindof excited but its a lot of work keeping everything straight. When I started it I wanted to do it without erasing any of my guidelines but that quickly proved to be impossible. Just way too chaotic and messy. Perhaps I'll be able to tackle that idea at a later time but for right now I can't handle the chaos. Its just too much...

It is really interesting where the project is headed, I need to take a picture before I paint it. I'm not sure if I should paint it, I'm slightly worried... I guess I get that way when I invest so much time into the ink portion of a painting. I have to remind myself that destruction is creation and I should revel in the process. I guess we get attached to the think we make.

One good thing about this is that I've realized a way to incorporate this chaos onto the older style abstractions. I kept trying to do it before but for some reason I couldn't seem to wrap my brain around it until I understood it in 3 dimensions. Now it seems to make more sense so I'll try to work on some new flat city abstractions later this week.

I am excited to see what happens. Its strange trying to break an idea. The two point perspective does not work well with what I'm doing and I think it makes the picture all the more interesting. It provides a level of abstraction that I never counted on which just makes the whole project more fun for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment