Labels

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Wargasm (title stolen from L7)


This drawing is quite old at this point... 10 years at least... 3 months I worked on this and I can't remember a single second I spent working on it. Isn't that life? A big huge deal until its over and then.. its nothing.. a memory and I wonder... how long before my entire life is just a memory in another's eyes?


I made this my junior year at UC Davis, a stream of conscious composition, I started at the bottom and just worked my way up... I'd just started an obsession with pen and this was a challenge. I'd mostly worked in notebooks up until this point so to do a full sized image was pretty daunting for me at the time.

When Bush 2 invaded Iraq I remember feeling prophetic... tapping into that cultural obsession with war, it was just a matter of time but now it just feels so... normal. I don't even remember when we weren't at war at this point in my life... Peace almost feels like a fairy tale my parents read me as a child.

Are we the problem? Are we the ones fueling this obsession? I used to just think it was those at the top but we all seem to get a little something out of it huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment