Labels

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Blue and Orange


Studies in Blue and Orange. I love the way blue and orange interact with one another. Its one of the most natural color combinations to me. Orange street lights at night, sunlight off clouds, we see these colors together so often but I don't know if most of us are aware...

I have a friend who does professional printing as his career and he loved this image so much he asked if he could print a copy for himself. I told him I was happy he wanted to print it and please go ahead. He ended up printing it on Bamboo. It turned out phenomenal, so much so that he asked for another so he could hang them both in his house. So I did a second, a reversal. The top feels like daylight, the bottom like sunset or night...

My gift from him was my own print of the bottom painting on bamboo. Its amazing and gets the head spinning at the possibilities just opening up to the world of digital art. My next experiment will be on either stone or metal... I'm thinking metal would be fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment