Labels

Sunday, April 10, 2011

A Self Portrait Carved From Cactus

I'm not sure if this is entirely finished but it is definitely at a stage where I can let it go and be happy with it. Its a self portrait and I know that probably doesn't make sense but I see myself in this... every part of myself... the good and bad all twisted together into one. We take up three dimensions but pretend we're one. Always hiding the sides we think everyone else can't handle... Honesty has become a rare commodity in our society. No longer do we seek truth, only distraction, run faster and faster to escape that voice inside you that asks the hard questions. Who am I? I'm certainly more than the face I put on each day... I'm more than skin and thoughts and sex... I'm more than all this... much more, almost infinite and yet a spark... a blip on the timeline of life, so long and so short... its all a matter of perspective and maybe this portrait is just me at different moments on the timeline... maybe its just different sides of the same coin or die... who you get is a matter of chance? How much control do we have over it?

No comments:

Post a Comment