Labels

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Smoker


I smoked for a long time and quit and started again and quit again and I guess this is about the strange love affair we all have with addiction. Smoking may have been my vice, or one of many, but we all have something. I think its just human nature. Maybe the fight against our addictions is what makes us stronger or wiser or happier. Maybe its pointless and just shows how stupid we act on a daily basis.

It is strange how much you can love a habit. Plan around... it becomes a way to measure the moments as they go by and then one day you've had enough and you want to let go but... its tangled in your thoughts. Its like an old lover where you wanna stop but you just can't...

I'm glad I'm not a smoker anymore. I just hate thinking I can be a slave to anything...

1 comment:

  1. You have done something mighty to win free of tobacco. Congratulations and well done Phil!

    ReplyDelete